Our growth plans for India include working with progressive partners who subscribe to our vision and mission. We will work with promoters looking to establish world-class schools. We will also partner with existing schools that wish to internationalize their curriculum.
We are proud to announce that our first partnership is with Bengaluru’s IFIM Institutions, in its first school Vijaybhoomi International School (VIS).
VIS locates in Karjat, nature’s paradise with breathtaking greenery to rushing waterfalls away from the hustle and bustle of Mumbai and Pune. A perfect place to develop with the cleanest air, water, sunlight, rivers, rocks, mountains, trees, and greenery. It’s just 2 ½ hours drive from Mumbai and Pune.
The Singapore Intercultural School (SIS) Group of Schools is fast expanding into Indonesia, Myanmar, India, Korea and arrives soon in China, Kazakhstan, Middle East, and Africa. We are a network of schools. Networks give greater access to resources and promote creative ideas. Students from SIS will work on projects with their peers in other schools from the SIS Group of Schools. Teachers will also collaborate with their fellow educators from other schools in our network.
This effective ecosystem of collaboration was recognized and acknowledged by the Financial Times (FT) and the IFC, International Finance Corporation (World Bank) when we became the only K-12 school in the world awarded the global 2019 FT-IFC Transformational Business Award – Education in London.
Our schools uniquely stimulate creativity, enhance concentration and allow students & teachers to work in teams and collaborate to achieve maximum impact in school programs.
The SIS Group of Schools adopts 3 world-renowned curricula; the Singapore curriculum in the pre-school and the primary levels. The Singapore system gets complemented by the Cambridge curriculum at the secondary school levels. For our high schools (Junior College), we adopt the Cambridge A-levels and/or the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP). Our Distance Learning Programme comes via Cambridge Approved SIS Network Schools.
Embedded in the curriculum is our PACE initiative that looks to develop 21st-century skills; Perseverance, Analytical thinking, Collaboration/Communication, and Entrepreneurism.
All SIS teachers are highly qualified and experienced. They are part of the diversity of cultures within each school that we embrace. They are passionate about what they teach and have excellent subject knowledge.
For students who are still working towards expectations of the subject, SIS has an Academic Support Program, where the subject teacher will give individual support and attention to the student outside of curriculum time. It allows them personalized attention.
Parents will always remain as the primary influence in a child’s learning experience and education. In SIS Schools, we encourage parents to provide feedback on our learners' experiences and emotions in their learning journeys at home. We then work with parents to enhance and reinforce their learning to ensure our children are always having fun learning both in school and at home.
We have decided to pursue our growth in India through our other very recognizable brand, SIS or Singapore Intercultural School.
A partnership with SIS includes the following benefits:
- All SIS schools enjoy established links built over the years with key educational institutions in Singapore and overseas to gain access to cutting edge development
- The SIS Group of Schools enjoy the benefits of a strategic relationship with the IFC, International Finance Corporation (World Bank) that provides free technical assistance by international education and system experts from Washington
- The SIS success story regularly highlighted in domestic and international conferences includes events organized by the IFC (World Bank), adding to the reputation of the partner School
- SIS sound recruitment and training philosophy ensures only the best hired
- Good governance and tested SIS systems ensure confidence, effective results, and admiration from stakeholders as well as international organizations
- The focus on high academic performance in SIS throughout the child’s learning journey balanced with active participation in Sports, Creative Arts, and Community Services
- Feedback channels across all SIS schools ensure essential voices of our stakeholders heard
- SIS adopts a “Live” curriculum approach that is regularly reviewed and updated, and internationally benchmarked. It continuously appraised and reviewed to promote well-rounded students, strong in academics, sports, and performing arts
- The SIS Group is an international network of schools that brings true meaning to the word “international” for students, parents, and teachers as opposed to a school flaunting the word “international” amidst a very local environment
- SIS teachers are passionate and experienced
- SIS offers a distinct brand name that comes with a promise and an expectation of a quality education
- A partnership with SIS includes a host of advisory services that starts at the conceptual phase of establishing a quality School that ensures all-round cost savings
- SIS utilizes tested and proven marketing and communication techniques to increase enrollment and involvement of all stakeholders
- The SIS network helps in sourcing and training quality teachers and experienced school leaders
- Supervision and management of all SIS schools is by a high caliber passionate, diverse and experienced team from the Support Office
- SIS employs IT systems that allow effective monitoring and tracking of school operations as well as helping students select their subjects and colleges
- The SIS budgeting and strategic planning processes make operations very focused and cost-effective
- Effective professional development programs for SIS schools is carried out only after a clearly defined SIS “Needs-analysis” exercise by the Support Office, and all subsequent training conducted by experts within the SIS (SGS) network as well as international educationists and consultants
- The SIS (SGS) school-based examinations/assessments organized by the SIS (SGS) Council of Principals (Head Teachers) ensure high standards maintained across all SIS (SGS) schools, and analysis of the results reflect timely intervention takes place at class-levels
- All SIS (SGS) schools are internationally benchmarked either through the respected Cambridge’s CAIE (CIPP, IGCSE, A levels), local examination boards, or International Baccalaureate
- The SIS (SGS) network of schools across different geographies provides teacher and student exchange opportunities and active collaborative opportunities, ensuring the sharing of best practices
- The SIS (SGS) Program is a student-centered, project-based learning journey where inter-disciplinary projects regularly carried out with SIS (SGS) Schools outside the home country giving students a real international experience
- Every SIS (SGS) employee has a detailed job description with clear Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are regularly reviewed and appraised to ensure an overall effective team is in place working towards a common goal
- Effective feedback SIS (SGS) systems allow our partners a pulse on their investments and non-financial objectives
- The proximity and established links to Singapore (ranked the number one education system in the world by PISA) allows all SIS (SGS) schools to benefit from the billions of dollars spent by the Singapore government on research and development in the education sector in the face of an unpredictable 21st century
- Computer technology, green ideas/concepts, and community outreach programs are central to the SIS (SGS) curriculum that sets the foundations of the millennial student
- The SIS (SGS) initiative termed PACE (Perseverance, Analytical Thinking, Collaboration/Communication, and Entrepreneurism) is actively imbibed in the curriculum to ensure students are ready to face the challenges of the 21st century
- A partnership with SIS (SGS) guarantees long term stable financial returns as well as socio-economic benefits especially relevant to real estate developers, local and provincial governments, fund managers as well as other organizations